Sunday 7 October 2007

Madeira - Day 6

For our last day in Madeira we decided on a short walk close to the hotel before packing up. We came across a large group of (Atlantic) Canaries just before the wine shop to which we were headed:



















I'm not sure if I'll go back to Madeira. If I did I'd go in late April probably, to take in the breeding sea-birds, having pre-booked ferry tickets for Porto Santos and a day trip out to the Ihlas Desertas. It is a very distinctive place with great views and a significant area of protected habitat, but has very limited species of birds. I think my next trip to this part of the world will be either Fuerteventura and/or Tenerife in the more southerly Canary Islands.

So another holiday done. Next year the holidays will be in and around the UK, walking and birdwatching, so the next post on this blog could well be in 2009. If anyone knows anyone who has a couple of million quid going spare, I'll gladly use it to retire and spend my days walking and birdwatching, unfortunately I don't so back to work it is.

No comments: